- Highlights1Qadri was born in Kandahar in Afghanistan on December 5, 20002He claimed 5/60 in the second innings against Glamorgan3His five-wicket haul helped Derbyshire win their first Championship victory since July 2015A 16-year old Afghanistan off-spinner Hamidullah Qadri made his debut for the England Under-19s against India Under-19s at Canterbury on Wednesday.He made a sparkling first-class debut for Derbyshire, claiming a match-winning five-wicket haul against Glamorgan at Cardiff last month.
- Following his impressive spell in country cricket, he was rewarded with a call-up to the England Under-19 One-Day International squad to face India in the Youth ODIs.Qadri was born in Kandahar in Afghanistan on December 5, 2000.
- He claimed 5/60 in the second innings against Glamorgan to lead Derbyshire to their first Championship victory since July 2015.
- A 16-yr old Kandahar born, Afghani off-spinner Hamidullah Qadri is now playing for England U19 against India U19 at Canterbury#YouthODI- Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) August 9, 2017The off-spinner can now look to impress the selectors and seal a place for the Under-19 World Cup, which will be held in New Zealand next January.
- The leg-spinner finished with 17 wickets from 14 matches.Rashid also took 7 wickets for just 18 runs against West Indies at Gros Islet in June in a One-Day International to hand Afghanistan a 63-run victory.Congratulations to #DCCC spin bowler Hamidullah Qadri who debuts for @englandcricket U19s today vs India Live on Sky; 2pm Derbyshire CCC (@DerbyshireCCC) August 9, 2017