- Former India skipper Mohammad Azharuddin on Wednesday defended Anil Kumble’s decision to quit as Indian cricket team’s head coach.
- Also read: Anil Kumble steps down as Team India’s coachThe former skipper was speaking to reporters at the pre-launch event of 3D mobile game Azhar – the Captain, by Hyderabad based firm BigCode Games.
- Azharuddin also begs to differ with current head coach Ravi Shastri, who had recently said that Indian teams of past 20 years have not achieved as much as this current lot has.
- Almost five years after the Andhra Pradesh High Court has quashed all charges of match-fixing against him, Azharuddin is yet to receive his pending from the BCCI.
- Azharuddin’s case came up for discussion on Wednesday during a meeting between BCCI office-bearers and Committee of Administrators, where it decided to refer the matter to the Board’s general body.