- ‘some of the worst I’ve seen’ Australia’s Damien Fleming cranks up Ashes war of words by blasting England batsmen Keaton Jennings, Tom Westley and Dawid Malan Former Oz seam bowler predicts the Aussies will ‘run through’ much of the tourist’ top order Down Under over the winter A top Aussie ex-player has cranked up the Ashes war of words with a stinging attack on three of England’s batsmen.
- Damien Fleming, seam bowler in the great Australian team of the 1990s and now a TV commentator, described Keaton Jennings, Tom Westley and Dawid Malan as “some of the worst I’ve ever seen play Test cricket” and predicted the Aussies would ‘run through seam bowler Damien Fleming believes England have three dreadful top-order batsmen – with the Ashes series or Westley hits a boundary against South Africa but has mostly struggled The mocking of three of the top five in England’s order comes as the selectors meet on Thursday to pick the squad for next week’s day/night Test against West Indies at Edgbaston.
- Rex Hales was an indifferent Test opener for England but is now more of a limited-overs, middle-order batsman He scored 218 for Notts on Sunday and is brilliant form in all formats.
- Rex Johnson is the favourite at this stage to help the England bowlers Aussie Jason Gillespie is unlikely to be recruited while county head coaches Chris Silverwood (Essex) and Glen Chapple (Lancashire) are unlikely to give up their top roles.
- England cricket stars Joe Root and Jimmy Anderson chance their arm with a fielding throwing – player Damien Fleming is now a pundit for television and has delivered a scathing verdict on three of the possible England top-order players Keep up to date with ALL the transfer news and gossip on our blog If the answer is no you need to take a long, hard look at yourself.