- Steve Smith has compared his career path to Ashton Agar ahead of Australia’s series with Bangladesh.
- MORE: ‘I haven’t picked up a bat in about two months’- Smith | England can win the Ashes – Du PlessisThe world’s number 1 ranked Test batsman has praised the left arm spinner’s batting ability, claiming Agar can move up the order one day.
- Agar is expected to partner Nathan Lyon as the second string spinner against Bangladesh later this month, but captain Smith has drawn comparisons to the start of his career.
- Whilst these numbers don’t set the world on fire, Smith is excited by Agar’s potential.
- If Agar turns out to be half as good as Smith, then Australian fans have many reasons to be excited.