- Nottinghamshire extended their lead at the top of Division Two to 35 points after beating neighbours Derbyshire by an innings and 61 runs.
- Ben Slater (44) and Billy Godleman (47) put on 96, but seamer Brett Hutton took 5-74 for 10 match wickets.
- The game finally came to an end with 12.1 overs remaining when Hutton bowled Tony Palladino to return match figures of 10-126.
- Medium-pacer Hutton reaped the benefit for bowling straight, with four of his victims in the day either bowled or lbw, and he also took a diving catch as skipper Godleman fell to spinner Samit Patel.
- The victory was Nottinghamshire’s sixth of the season, and they remain unbeaten after 10 games, and 50 points clear of third-placed Northants, who have a game in hand, with two promotion places available.