- LONDON – England has the right balance to beat Australia at this year’s Ashes series, South Africa captain Faf du Plessis has said after his team’s 3-1 series defeat by Joe Root’s side.
- England’s opening bowlers James Anderson and Stuart Broad is expected to bear most of the burden of keeping Australia’s batsmen in reins and the pace duo received a lot of praise from du Plessis.
- “If you have assistance and skill, which England’s bowlers have, you can target Australia’s batting line-up,” du Plessis told the BBC.
- “Australia have fiery and quick batsmen so England will need to get through them.
- Du Plessis captained his side to a famous 2-1 series victory Down Under last year, prompting wholesale changes in the Australian squad under Steve Smith.