- PALLEKELE (AFP) – India s Kuldeep Yadav said Wednesday he felt both excited and nervous before the final Test against Sri Lanka as the left-arm wrist spinner prepared to fill in for suspended star bowler Ravindra Jadeja.
- Yadav is expected to make the starting XI in the Test at Pallekele starting Saturday in place of Jadeja, who was handed a one-match ban for dangerous play in India s last Test against Sri Lanka.
- Yadav joined the squad for the three-Test series in Sri Lanka, but the presence of world-number one Test bowler Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin denied him a slot in the starting lineup.
- “Definitely you will have to wait for your chance if the number-one and number-two spinners are in the same squad as you,” said Yadav.
- Yadav, one of the few left-arm unorthodox spinners alongside Sri Lanka s Lakshan Sandakan and South African Tabraiz Shamsi, said the style was gaining in popularity.