- Two days of steady rain prevented Haseeb Hameed adding to the composed, unbeaten 77 he made against Hampshire but the Lancashire opener is determined to focus on what he can learn from his struggle of a summer, rather than on an immediate England recall.
- Asked to what extent he was eyeing a return to England’s Test side, Hameed said: “No extent – I’m just focused on trying to perform well for Lancashire right now.
- Hameed’s innings – which began with his side 75 behind and ended with them 239 ahead and in control – got better as it went on and was watched by the England selector James Whitaker.
- Hameed admitted it would be quite easy to blame playing white-ball cricket for Lancashire for the first time for his decline in red-ball form, but he is determined “to develop and learn”.
- If I can keep things simple and not look too far ahead and take games one at a time and perform to my best, then I can finish the season off well.”