- Lancashire batsman Haseeb Hameed says experiencing a poor run of form with the bat this season can help him become a stronger cricketer.
- “Hopefully I can say in coming years that this three-month period I’ve had, where it hasn’t gone the way I wanted to, helped me become a better player and person.”
- After a tough first half of the season, Hameed’s unbeaten 77 was his first half-century in red-ball cricket this summer.
- “England is the aim and to try to take each game as it comes – whoever is that is for, which is Lancashire right now,” Hameed said.
- “It could be a number of reasons but I’m just looking at putting that to one side now and hopefully approach the second half of the season for myself.”