- Chinaman Kuldeep Yadav is hoping his hard work will be rewarded with a place in the playing eleven for the third Test against Sri Lanka as he competes with Axar Patel, who is a like-for-like replacement for the suspended Ravindra Jadeja.
- If it happens, this will be his second Test, after Yadav took the cricket world by storm on his debut in Dharamsala.
- Life has “definitely changed” for the 22-year-old spinner as he has been preferred as the third-choice spinner by the Indian team management given his near miss for the Champions Trophy squad and his ODI debut in the West Indies thereafter.
- Talking about his Test debut, Yadav recalled: “In my head I wasn’t thinking who I am playing against, whether Australia or New Zealand, I was only thinking about taking as many wickets as possible.
- But playing sweep also means a lot of chances for bowlers, so if you plan even a little about them it becomes very helpful,” Yadav signed off.