- Ups and downs: Virat Kohli’s fielding has oscillated between being alert and athletic in the outfield and fumbling a bit in the close-in cordon like this dropped chance off Angelo Mathews in the second Test.
- It hasn’t been an easy prelude to the current tour of Sri Lanka with Anil Kumble’s resignation as head coach and the India captain’s role leading up to that move, causing unsavoury by his exalting standards, Kohli had a mixed run over the previous months.
- And Kohli the batsman found his mark with an unbeaten 103 in the second innings of the first Test at Galle.
- After that knock, Kohli, when asked about his previous run-drought in Tests, replied: “I wasn’t looking at things from that point of view.
- Perhaps in the middle stage of his career, Kohli is at the tipping point with his Test average wavering between the late forties and early fifties.