- “Obviously there is excitement,” Kuldeep said when asked about his feeling ahead of playing his first overseas Test.
- “I was excited to play my debut Test as well, so if I get a chance to play in Sri Lanka, I will be very happy because I have been working hard and this will be a result of that.
- Obviously excited, but also there is nervousness that I should be able to perform,” the Uttar Pradesh bowler said after India’s practice session here on Wednesday.The bowler, however, was quick to add that with still three days to go for the match, he wasn’t taking his place in the 11 for granted.This is Kuldeep’s maiden overseas tour, and while he said he didn’t plan anything in particular keeping the conditions in mind, he admitted that he had worked on his mindset.
- “The young bowler, who also made his ODI and T20I debuts in West Indies recently, admitted that life was being different after his Test appearance.
- “I think there are a lot of chinaman bowlers around now,” he said when asked about the impact of his show in his lone Test where his four-wicket haul helped India restrict Australia to 300 all out.