- Nottinghamshire moved closer to a return to the Specsavers County Championship Division One after crushing Derbyshire by an innings and 61 runs at Derby.
- Chris Read set a new wicket-keeping record for Notts with his 368th dismissal as they bowled the hosts out for 227 to move 35 points clear at the top of Division Two.
- But Read’s heroics and a fine haul of five for 74 from Brett Hutton gave Nottinghamshire victory in the only one of five Championship games that saw any action.
- Also in Division Two, Northamptonshire’s match against Gloucestershire was abandoned as a draw, as was Leicestershire against Durham at Grace Road.
- No play was possible in Division One, with Lancashire’s match against Hampshire at the Rose Bowl petering out into a draw.