- The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) elected Najam Sethi as its 30th chairman on Wednesday in a Board of Governors meeting at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore.
- “I think that as soon as relations between India and Pakistan improve, the Indian government will permit the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) to participate in a bilateral series,” he said, hoping for a healthy relationship with India in future.
- Former chairman Shahryar Khan released a statement congratulating Sethi on his election.
- “I am sure his experience and guidance will bring cricket in Pakistan to higher levels and will end Pakistan’s isolation in international cricket,” Khan said.
- Sethi has also previously served as PCB chairman intermittently in 2013 and 2014 when former chairman Zaka Ashraf and the government were involved in a litigation regarding the position.