- In what could be the opening shots of a new bid to head Sri Lanka Cricket, Ranatunga, 53, told AFP there was no �proper discipline� in the national team which has had a horror run of results.
- Ranatunga accused Sri Lanka Cricket president Thilanga Sumathipala, 52, of being involved in gaming � a claim Sumathipala denies � and said he should not be allowed to hold office.
- I want to know if the ICC has a backbone to check if these people (Sri Lanka Cricket management) are in compliance with ethics standards,� Ranatunga told AFP.
- Sumathipala said Sri Lanka�s sports ministry and the ICC had both cleared him to hold office at SLC, as well as at the Asian Cricket Council and ICC.
- The same man (Ranatunga) is continuously making every effort undemocratically, unethically to hold office of Sri Lanka Cricket, even when he has been democratically defeated more than once,� Sumathipala said.