- — Former skipper Arjuna Ranatunga has blamed Sri Lanka’s string of humiliating defeats on the country’s cricket chief and demanded his investigation by the International Cricket Council.
- In what could be the opening shots of a new bid to head Sri Lanka Cricket, Ranatunga (53) said there was no “proper discipline” in the national team which has had a horror run of results.
- The team lost by an innings and 53 runs in the second Test against India on Sunday, after being crushed in the first match by 304 runs.
- Sri Lanka also suffered an early exit from the Champions Trophy, and lost a one-day series at home to bottom ranked Zimbabwe last month.
- Ranatunga accused Sri Lanka Cricket president Thilanga Sumathipala (52) of being involved in gaming — a claim Sumathipala denies.