- Sri Lanka vs India 2017: Kuldeep Yadav excited but nervous about playing in Pallekele TestThe 22-year-old might play just his second Test on Saturday.
- News 09 Aug 2017, 22:42 IST Kuldeep will battle it out against Axar Patel for a place in the playing XIWhat’s the story?Left-arm chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav hopes to see his hard work rewarded with a place in the playing XI when India take on Sri Lanka in the final Test of the series, at Pallekele on Saturday.
- In case you didn’t know…Ravindra Jadeja, who was the Man of the Match in India’s series clinching win at Colombo, was suspended for the third Test due to a breach of the ICC code and hence, the team management allowed him to travel home while Axar Patel was roped in as his replacement.The heart of the matterKuldeep’s performances at the domestic level had already made him one for the future.
- Hence, Kuldeep has a very good chance of playing just his second Test, at Pallekele on Saturday.What’s next?The Indian team will first focus on keeping each of their players prepared for the final Test before making a decision on whom to include in the playing XI.
- Since he has relatively more Test cricket experience than Axar Patel, his chances of making it into the playing XI will definitely be high.