- By: Express Web Desk | Published:August 9, 2017 9:11 South Africa’s Vernon Philander has had frequent fitness concerns.
- Source: (Reuters)After the recent spate of injuries to Proteas pacer Vernon Philander, South African skipper Faf du Plessis has expressed concern and dissatisfaction over the fitness of Philander.
- “Vern needs to work on his fitness,” he said.
- It may be recalled here that former skipper Graeme Smith, too had expressed concerns and said, “This whole series, it’s been a struggle to keep Vernon on the field.
- “So he understands from a fitness point of view with important series coming up, Australia and India at home, he needs to be fit to get through all eight Tests.”