- Indian captain Virat Kohli is likely to be rested for the upcoming one-off T20I against Sri Lanka.
- Team India is currently in Sri Lanka for the three Tests, five One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and one-off T20I.
- Also Check- India in Sri Lanka 2017 ScheduleKohli has been consistently playing cricket, and in the last 12 months, he has missed just one match out of 43 for India against Australia after he picked a shoulder injury.
- Ideally, to get the proper rest, Kohli should be rested for ODI series as well and not just the one T20I.
- If Kohli indeed is rested and Rohit is given the charge, it will be for the first time that the latter will lead India in a T20I match.