- The Indian selectors will meet on Sunday to pick the squad for the five ODIs and solitary T20 in Sri Lanka.
- Since the time the Indian team left for the Caribbean in July 2016 for a four-Test series, India have played 43 international matches across all formats and Kohli has appeared in 42 of them.
- If Kohli is rested, India will have to find a new captain and Ajinkya Rahane, who has led India before in three ODIs, will be a natural choice being the vice-captain of the team.
- Team India faces a hectic schedule in the season ahead which finds them playing a plethora of limited-overs matches against Australia and New Zealand, with Sri Lanka lined up for a full return tour towards the end of the year.
- In the New Year, the team will fly to South Africa and then play Independence Cup in Sri Lanka, before the 2018 IPL gets underway.