- Highlights1Kohli has hinted chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav will play the third Test.2Kuldeep had made an impressive Test debut in Dharamsala.3India look to sweep series vs Sri Lanka.Virat Kohli has hinted left-arm chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav will play the third and final Test against Sri Lanka starting in Kandy from Saturday.Kuldeep will replace Ravindra Jadeja, who will serve a one-Test ban after collecting more demerit points in Colombo, where he was named man-of-the-match.
- Kuldeep had made an impressive Test debut in Dharamsala, picking a four-for to destroy Australia’s first innings and setting up a series-deciding win for India.
- The 22-year-old was later picked for the ODIs against West Indies and returned with eight wickets from five matches.Not surprisingly then, Kuldeep has plenty of support from his captain and has a good chance of playing his second Test despite the presence of Axar Patel, who was called in after Jadeja’s suspension.
- He proved himself in Dharamsala and has a good chance of playing on Saturday,” Kohli said in the pre-match press conference.The 28-year-old India captain was also impressed with the attitude of the younger brigade coming in.
- “Not that we are old but (with) all these young guys coming in, one thing that strikes you about them is their confidence,” he said.India did not practice today but they are on the rampage in the Test team, having won eight successive series since losing to Australia in 204-15.