- Virat Kohli and his men are on the verge of creating history as they aim to become the first Indian team to complete a whitewash in an overseas three-Test series when they meet a below-par Sri Lanka in the third and final match, starting on August 12.
- afp Also Read: India’s Chinaman Kuldeep Yadav Is Ready To Unleash A Web Around Sri Lanka India have won the first two Tests by comprehensive margins – by 304 runs in Galle and an innings and 53 runs in Colombo.
- In all, India have played four such series where they have won all Test matches.
- Under MS Dhoni, India outplayed Australia 4-0 in the 2013 home series while Kohli led the side during the 3-0 rout of New Zealand, last year.
- Among their memorable overseas Test series (two or more victories) wins will be the Kapil Dev-led side winning 2-0 in a three-match series in England in 1986, beating Pakistan 2-1 in 2004, 2-1 in Sri Lanka in 2015 and the first one – 3-1 in New Zealand under Tiger Pataudi way back in 1967-68.