- Shikhar Dhawan and Lokesh Rahul smashed quick half-centuries to take India to 134 without loss on the opening day of the third and final Test against Sri Lanka on Saturday.
- With Dhawan on 64 and Rahul on 67, it was a perfect start for the visitors as they target a series sweep after taking an unassailable 2-0 lead in Colombo.
- The left-handed Dhawan registered his fourth Test 50 in just 45 balls, with nine boundaries.
- Rahul, who survived a dropped catch on 28, brought up his seventh consecutive Test 50 with a double off paceman Lahiru Kumara.
- Rahul joins Everton Weekes, Andy Flower, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kumar Sangakkara and Chris Rogers in the list of batsmen who have made seven consecutive 50-plus scores in Tests.