- Former chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Lalit Modi late on Friday night resigned as the president of the Nagaur District Cricket Association (NDCA).
- The former Rajasthan Cricket Association president announced on twitter that he is stepping away from cricket administration.
- Modi shared a three-page letter of his resignation on his Twitter page, written to the CEO of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Rahul Johri.
- Due to the involvement of Modi, who is accused of money laundering, financial irregularities and also criminal cases against him, RCA was banned by the Indian cricket board.
- “With my exit from all forms of cricket, at all levels, for ever, I think RCA deserves to reclaim their share and presence on the Indian cricket map.