- Lalit Modi on Saturday resigned as President of the Nagaur District Association, marking an end to his presence in the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA), that was banned by the BCCI for allowing the tainted administrator in its fold.
- The 50-year-old Modi, who left India after being charged with money laundering, sent his resignation to both the RCA as well as BCCI CEO Rahul Johri.
- Modi requested the BCCI to release the funds meant for the RCA after his resignation.
- With my exit from all forms of cricket, at all levels, forever, I think RCA deserves to reclaim their share and presence on the Indian cricket map,” he added.
- After all, Indian cricket administration is in a state of upheaval because of Mr N Srinivasan,” he pointed out.