- PALLEKELE, Sri Lanka (AP) ” India is in a winning position in the third and final cricket test as Sri Lanka, following on, reached 19 for one at stumps on the second day Sunday.
- The hosts still need 333 runs with nine wickets in hand to avoid an innings defeat.
- Earlier Indian spinner Kuldeep Yadav took four wickets to help India end Sri Lanka’s first innings on 135.
- India was dismissed for 487 in its first innings backed by centuries from Shikhar Dhawan and Hardik Pandya.
- India is eyeing a series whitewash having won both the previous tests convincingly.