- # Sri Lanka’s first innings score of 135 is the second lowest in Tests at Pallekele.
- Just two times in the first innings of a home Test, they have faced even less overs – 28.2 when totalling 71 vs Pakistan at Kandy in 1994 and 34.2 when posting 117 vs Australia at Pallekele last year.
- # Pandya’s previous highest Test score was 50 on Test debut vs Sri Lanka at Galle last month.
- # Lakshan Sandakan (5/132) has recorded his best bowling figures, outstripping the 4 for 58 on Test debut against Australia at Pallekele in July 2016# Sandakan is the second Sri Lankan bowler after Rangana Herath (5/54 vs Australia last year) to produce a five-wicket haul in Tests at Pallekele# Hardik Pandya during his maiden century (108 off 96 balls) hit seven sixes.
- # Pandya had scored 107(1* to 108*) before lunch on the second day in an extended session and became the first Indian batsman to make 100 runs or more before lunch on any day of a Test match.