- The seconds stretched and as Chandimal’s inquisition by the Sri Lankan scribes extended, Kohli walked in discreetly, leant on the corner wall, texted a bit, read some messages, smiled to himself and then gazed at the packed room.
- The third day dawned with Sri Lanka following-on and resuming at 19 for one and gaping at a 333-run deficit.
- Sri Lanka tottered at 39 for four and a question arose — will the side be bowled out before lunch?
- The Sri Lankan skipper threaded fours with elegant drives, Mathews, as usual, was about the muscular hoick but at least there was a semblance of a resistance.
- Dickwella clattered a few fours and watched Dilruwan Perera and Lakshan Sandakan depart with Ashwin and Shami being the wreckers-in-chief.