- PrevSri Lanka’s Lahore terror attack victim Tharanga Paranavitana welcomes move to play cricket in PakisTharanga ParanavitanaFormer Sri Lanka opener Tharanga Paranavitana, who was one of the six victims in the March 3, 2009 terrorist attack on the team’s bus in Lahore, said Sri Lankan players going to play in Pakistan should only concentrate on the game.
- After a security assessment, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) chief Thilanga Sumathipala cleared the team to play three T20s, including at least one in Lahore.
- The team should visit Pakistan as the fans there are deprived of good cricket.
- “Pakistan are a good side now and if the situation has improved there, it is good to resume playing cricket,” Paranavitana, 35, told mid-day yesterday.
- Asked whether he would like to visit Pakistan again if the victims of the terror attack were invited for cricket matches, Paranavitana said: “I am not too sure.