- Everybody has got a right to play cricket’IMAGE: If Yuvraj Singh keeps on delivering he has every chance of making it to the team.
- Photograph: BCCISpeculations may be rife that Yuvraj Singh’s career is nearing the end but chief selector MSK Prasad on Monday clarified that national team’s door is still open for the senior cricketer.
- Citing tennis legend Andre Agassi’s example, whose career literally took off after 30, Prasad said if Yuvraj keeps on delivering he has every chance of making it to the team despite age and fitness not being on his side.
- The chief selector also talked about youngsters’ performances in ‘A’ tours, whilst commending the job done by India ‘A’ coach Rahul Dravid in preparing their step up to the senior team.
- Praising Dravid for nurturing young talents, Prasad said Indian cricket couldn’t have asked for a better mentor than the former captain.