- The International Cricket Council and its member boards may keep harping on the primacy of Test cricket but barring England and Australia and some pockets of India, there are hardly any takers for the format.
- The three-Test series between India and Sri Lanka, the one the visitors won 3-0 in barely 11 days, witnessed poor footfalls at all three venues.
- “(One-sided series is) good for us, (but) if it goes against us, we will think,” said Virat Kohli after the third Test, in an obvious reference to how the series panned out.
- Though the series bordered on the ugliness with some churlish acts from players from either side, cricket was robust with neither team willing to yield an inch on the field.
- It is in this backdrop that the demand for a two-tier system for Tests has been getting shriller which is being ignored by the Board of Control for Cricket in India.