- The failure to clear the ‘Yo-Yo’ endurance test at the National Cricket Academy was the primary reason why Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina were not considered for the Sri Lanka limited overs series.
- The Indian team regularly undergoes a series of fitness tests with ‘Yo-Yo’ endurance test being the most important of them.
- It has been learnt that for the current Indian team, the acceptable ‘Yo-Yo’ score is 19.5 and upwards.
- “In an earlier era, when the traditional beep test was in vogue, the Indian players of the 1990’s would have scored around 16 to 16.5 barring a few like Mohammed Azharuddin, Robin Singh or Ajay Jadeja.
- It must be noted that the same test for football and hockey team will produce entirely different results have higher benchmarks, considering the speed and endurance level involved with the sport.