- Several of the West Indies squad have banked one day-night Test experience, in the contrasting climes of Dubai where they lost narrowly to Pakistan last October thanks to a triple-century from the Azhar Ali last October.
- WI hot or cold?West Indies’ last win in any Test on English shores came at Edgbaston in 2000 — a series they went on to lose 3-1.
- Root cause of optimismEngland’s new captain Joe Root could reflect after last week’s series-sealing win at Old Trafford against South Africa on an enjoyable first series in charge.
- Stoneman’s big matchMark Stoneman is, remarkably, the 12th new opening partner England have picked alongside Alastair Cook since the retirement of Andrew Strauss five years ago.
- 1877 England played their first-ever Test — against Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground Down Under1997 The first county day-night tie in England —Warwickshire v Somerset, a 40-over Sunday League game2017 The inaugural day-night Test in England will be held at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground in Birmingham todayTrending VideoWatch video: PV Sindhu takes charge as Deputy Collector in AP Government Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr