- The Australian Test team is about to embark on a two-Test tour to Bangladesh and several of those players will also go straight to India for a One-Day and Twenty20 series.
- A 14-player squad has been named for the five-game One-Day series in India during September and October.
- “James Faulkner is a solid One-Day campaigner and is very familiar with sub-continent conditions, coming off a very good tour of Sri Lanka last year.
- Pace bowler Mitchell Starc has been left out of both squads as he continues to recover from a foot injury.
- “Consequently, in order to ensure his best possible preparation for the Ashes, he will be unavailable for the Tour of India and will continue his rehab in Australia with an aim to have him play for New South Wales in the domestic one-day cup.”