Gulf News – Australia’s cricket players huddle during a practice session in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Dhaka: Australia have an opportunity to improve their record in Asia when they meet Bangladesh in a two-Test series starting next Sunday, captain Steve Smith has said but refused to state outright if his side were favourites to win.
- “I think it is going to be a great series,” Smith told reporters after Australia’s arrival in the Asian country.
- Earlier this year Smith’s side lost a four-Test series in India 2-1 and the skipper said the two matches against Bangladesh would be an ideal platform to show what they had learnt from the defeat.
- Australia surprisingly dropped Steve O’Keefe, 32, from their squad for Bangladesh even after the left-arm spinner impressed during the series in India.
- Smith said the inclusion of Agar, 23, was aimed at developing him for the 2021 tour of India.