News – Mitchell, who joined The Gabba in 1984 as an assistant curator to his father Kevin senior, has been at the helm for 27 years.
- Mitchell, who joined The Gabba in 1984 as an assistant curator to his father Kevin senior, has been at the helm for 27 years.
- The Gabba Manager Blair Conaghan said Mr Mitchell would leave a huge legacy at the venue.
- “Kevvie Mitchell has meant so much to The Gabba and his work on the playing surface has really been instrumental in a lot of our success as a venue,” Mr Conaghan said.
- “The name Kevin Mitchell Jr is synonymous with The Gabba and the pitches he curates are recognised as the best in the world, striking fear into the hearts of visiting cricket teams,” Minister de Brenni said.
- “To keep producing an absolute world class deck on a ground that is used all year round, takes a particular talent,” he said“The impact Kevin has had on Australian and world Cricket is simply immeasurable.