News – The visitors are slated to play the warm-up at Fatullah on the outskirts of Dhaka starting Tuesday, but the match remains in doubt because the ground is partially inundated.
- Australia have not toured Bangladesh since 2006, and the Test starting on Sunday at Dhaka’s Sher-e Bangla National Stadium has been long in the making.
- They were due to play two Tests in Bangladesh in October 2015 but the tour was cancelled over security fears after a wave of attacks by Islamist extremists in the Muslim-majority nation.
- Australia decided against a warm-up match during their last tour of Bangladesh and were caught off guard by the hosts, narrowly scraping a win after a shock start.
- The Darwin match, in Australia’s tropical north, was seen as a conditioning exercise before the hot and humid weather expected throughout the Bangladesh series.
- “I think if you haven’t played too many games in the subcontinent, you are not too worried about what the ball might do.