Northern Echo – RESIDENTS living next to a cricket ground have raised concerns about noise coming from training nets.
- RESIDENTS living next to a cricket ground have raised concerns about noise coming from training nets.
- Darlington Cricket Club has submitted a retrospective planning application for the all-weather practice area, including two tracks within cages and nets.
- In the planning application, the club said that there have been practice nets previously positioned on the south boundary of the cricket ground for many years but the previous nets had deteriorated and were in need of replacement hence the erection of the new nets.
- However, the club’s nearest neighbours have raised a number of concerns about the noise coming from the practice nets.
- Groups congregate around a bench at the bottom of the gardens and those not actively participating have in the past entertained themselves by kicking a football about or by trying to hit crickets balls into our gardensl We cannot use out first floor balconies due to the noisel There are more suitable locations on the field to house this training facility rather than the back of houses which will affect the quality of enjoyment for the residentsThe application has been recommended for approval by council officers with a number of conditions attached.