News – The Shield season will start on October 26 with day-night games in Brisbane and Perth.
- The Shield season will start on October 26 with day-night games in Brisbane and Perth.
- Test stars will also take part in Shield rounds starting on November 4 and November 13 before assembling in Brisbane for the first Ashes Test that starts on November 23.
- Dukes balls will again be used during the second half of the Shield season, while concussion substitutes are set to be adopted for the first time in the first-class competition.
- A Cricket Australia XI designed to develop young players will again contest the domestic one-day competition alongside the six states.
- The one-day final will be held on October 21 at Bellerive, while the Shield decider will start on March 23.