24.com – Cape Town – FIVE Proteas players have been named in the ICC World XI team to take on Pakistan in the three-match T20 series.
- Cape Town – FIVE Proteas players have been named in the ICC World XI team to take on Pakistan in the three-match T20 series.
- “Like most of the players, I look forward to my maiden tour to Lahore and play my part in the safe and gradual resumption of international cricket in Pakistan.
- “Earlier this week, the International Cricket Council (ICC) agreed to support the series in a bid to help international cricket in Pakistan.
- Since the attacks, Pakistan has only hosted a limited-over series against Zimbabwe in 2015 while Bangladesh, the West Indies, Sri Lanka and Ireland turned down offers over security fears.
- World XI squad: Faf du Plessis (South Africa, captain), Hashim Amla (South Africa), George Bailey (Australia), Paul Collingwood (England), Ben Cutting (Australia), Grant Elliott (New Zealand), Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh), David Miller (South Africa), Tim Paine (Australia, wicketkeeper), Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka), Darren Sammy (West Indies), Samuel Badree (West Indies), Morne Morkel (South Africa), Imran Tahir (South Africa)World XI touring Pak: du Plessis (c), Amla, Miller, Morkel, Badree, Bailey, Cutting, Elliot, Tamim, Paine, Perera, Sammy,Tahir, Collingwood— PCB Official (@TheRealPCB) August 24, 2017