Chronicle Live – Paul Collingwood arrived at the Riverside with his foot on Derbyshire’s throat.
- Never had a Durham pair put on 100 for the eighth wicket but a Potts drive down the ground saw to that, another through the offside for his sixth four brought up a maiden half-century.
- While that partnership yielded 132, the next brought one off five balls before Chris Rushworth played on and Collingwood waved Potts in to get his bowling boots on.
- Rushworth uprooted Billy Goddleman’s off stump with a full ball, finished the afternoon session with an lbw and the evening with a catch smartly and appropriately taken by Collingwood.
- At only 34, Onions is a mere bairn compared to Collingwood but the fact he ended the day with 600 first-class wickets showed he has been around the block too.
- Richardson had a messy day with the gloves when it did not matter but held on when the ball came off the bat, taking a sprawling catch to give Jennings a second wicket, then something more straight-forward for Onions’ landmark.