Hindu – Raking it in: BCCI treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry, BCCI president C.K.
- Raking it in: BCCI treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry, BCCI president C.K.
- | Photo Credit: PTIStar India on Monday acquired the Indian Premier League’s media rights for a staggering ₹16,347.5 crore ($2.55 billion) for the next five years.
- Star India was the only company to make a single consolidated global bid, which was greater than the sum of all the highest bids for each category (₹15,819.51 crore) by a little more than Rs.
- Interestingly, Sony Pictures Network’s bid for the India broadcasting rights — ₹11,050 crore — was higher than Star India’s ₹6,196.94 crore.
- The 13 who made the final cut were Star India, Sony Pictures Network (India), BeIN (Qatar), the UK based Perform Group, Follow On, Yupp TV, OSN, Facebook, Airtel, Econet, Reliance Jio, Super Sport and Times Internet.