Roar – David Warner has been one of the best openers in world cricket for few years now.
- Prior to the current Bangladesh series, Warner had only played in India and Sri Lanka and did not have a single hundred in both those countries.
- Warner did have a good series in UAE against Pakistan but his frailties against spin was seen again in Sri Lanka last year and in India earlier this year.
- While watching Warner bat in India earlier this year, it looked like he was a little rushed against Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.
- In a series where the spinners regularly bowled with the new ball, Warner got off to decent starts most of the time, only to throw it away with poor shots.
- The confidence Warner has gained from the Bangladesh series will hold him in good stead when he visits the subcontinent again.