The West – Nathan Lyon did what few can claim and dethroned Shane Warne in the record books as he savoured a career-high, series-saving triumph in Chittagong.
- Nathan Lyon did what few can claim and dethroned Shane Warne in the record books as he savoured a career-high, series-saving triumph in Chittagong.
- “Unwilling to risk the prospect of monsoonal rain returning on day five, Australia hit the accelerator, knocking off their 86-run target in just 15.
- “After sweeping past Warne’s career best of 12-for, Lyon’s 13-154 in Chittagong came breathlessly close to best ever figures by an Australian spinner – Clarrie Grimmett’s 14-199 just edging him out.
- “We would have much preferred 2-0 but certainly it’s nice to get over the line here and have a one-all draw,” he said.
- “Since arriving in Bangladesh, Lyon has knocked off such big names as Richie Benaud, Michael Holding, Joel Garner, Graeme Swann and Jason Gillespie as he continues to surge up the all-time wicket-taking list towards 300, with 269 now in the bag.