Southern Daily Echo – HAMPSHIRE captain George Bailey was left out of the World XI that lost the opening match of its historic T20 series against Pakistan in Lahore.
- HAMPSHIRE captain George Bailey was left out of the World XI that lost the opening match of its historic T20 series against Pakistan in Lahore.
- But he may play on Wednesday after pulling out of Hampshire’s Specsavers County Championship match against Middlesex at Uxbridge to play in the ‘T20 Independence Cup’.
- Last night’s game, which Pakistan won by 20 runs, was the first international cricket match held in Pakistan since Zimbabwe toured in 2015 – and the second since an attack on Sri Lanka’s team bus in the host venue in 2009 – and the tourists were protected by high security.
- After the first day of Hampshire’s Championship match against Middlesex fell victim to the weather, director of cricket Giles White defended the decision to release Bailey.
- The Lahore series concludes on Saturday in time for Bailey to return for Hampshire’s penultimate Championship match against leaders Essex at The Ageas Bowl from next Tuesday.