Rediff – Jimmy Anderson is the first Englishman to take 500 Test wickets.
- Courtney Walsh was the first bowler to take 500 wickets in Test cricket.
- The following table gives details of number of Tests taken by each bowler to reach each progressive milestone of 100 wickets.
- Tests taken to reach each progressive milestone of 100 wicketsNo one inflicted more ducks on batsmen than McGrath.
- The following table gives each bowler’s bowling average after every block of 25 Tests.
- Warne had the best average in the first 25 Tests, while McGrath was the best in the second and third blocks, after 50 Tests.