Indian Express – By: Express Web Desk |
Updated: November 5, 2017 6:55 Cheteshwar Pujara scored a double ton against Jharkhand.
- By: Express Web Desk | Updated: November 5, 2017 6:55 Cheteshwar Pujara scored a double ton against Jharkhand.
- (Source: File)Cheteshwar Pujara returned to form in the Ranji Trophy by slamming his 12th first-class double ton, most by an Indian cricketer.
- In the process, Pujara surpassed Vijay Merchant’s tally of 11 double centuries and now has the most double hundreds in first-class cricket by an Indian player.
- Prior to this knock, Pujara was not on a good run of form as he failed to register a score of 50 in more than nine innings.
- I have been pretty happy with the way I have progressed in the last few months and considering the fact that we have a Test series coming up shortly (against Sri Lanka), this double century has come at the right time.