Indian Express – By: Express News Service |
Published:November 8, 2017 1:40 India won the third T20I by 6 runs against New Zealand.
- By: Express News Service | Published:November 8, 2017 1:40 India won the third T20I by 6 runs against New Zealand.
- The inclement weather around Indian cricket’s latest cricket centre meant that the final T20 match against New Zealand was reduced to a gully-cricket-like 8-overs-a-side clash.
- And that’s exactly what they did with Yuzvendra Chahal and Jasprit Bumrah proving for the umpteenth time just why they are perhaps the two men, along with Hardik Pandya perhaps, who have turned the Indians into a cerebral outfit in limited-overs cricket.
- And like they have shown repeatedly this season, it’s easier said than done against Chahal and Bumrah on a day Kohli Co found a way to win, one more time.
- Brief Scores: India 67/5 in 8 overs (Manish Pandey 17 off 11 balls, Hardik Pandya 14 off 10; Tim Southee 2/13, Ish Sodhi 2/23) beat New Zealand 61/6 in 8 overs (Colin de Grandhomme 17 not out off 10; Glenn Phillips 11 off 9; Jasprit Bumrah 2/9) by six runs.