The Daily Star – Bangladesh – Reports from Sri Lanka media outlets have already suggested that Chandika is in the process of jumping ship to take charge of his native country.
- Chandika has a contract with BCB (Bangladesh Cricket Board) that runs till the 2019 World Cup.
- Sri Lanka media outlet Ceylon today has claimed that Hathurusingha is on the verge of signing up with SLC (Sri Lanka Cricket) as their head coach.
- According to a source close to Hathurusingha, he had confirmed that he is in fact the front runner for the position in competition with Australia’s Jason Gillespie and Dean Jones, but Hathurusingha is not in a position to comment about any development as he is already under contract with BCB.
- Meanwhile, SLC officials did not openly confirm about the development and said nothing has yet been finalized, even though one Executive Committee Member confirmed the negotiations were successful and they will get Hathurusingha even if BCB opposes.
- Media outlet Cricket Age cited a top SLC official in their report where the official confirmed that there is an ongoing negotiation with Hathrusinghe.