New Indian Express – CHENNAI: There are two ways of looking at the news of Hardik Pandya being rested after being named in the squad for the first two Tests against Sri Lanka.
- The selection committee headed by MSK Prasad has been paying attention to the matter of resting players as well as asking those who need game time under their belt to play.
- Mohammed Shami and Ishant Sharma were rested from the ongoing round of Ranji Trophy games in order to keep them ready for the Test series.
- Instead of following a blanket rule for all, under what circumstances India players can skip or take part in domestic games is being monitored.
- Rotating players had been an issue in the Indian set-up in the past, with several examples of fast bowlers breaking down due to lack of fitness and excessive workload.
- India have been using this policy of rotation to reduce the workload on certain players.